Traditional Shrimp Scampi
- 2 lbs shrimp peeled and deveined – tails left on
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup shrimp stock
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Lemon sliced for garnish
- Season the shrimp thoroughly with sea salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Add the shrimp and quickly sauté until just starting to turn pink, but not cooked through.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add the onions and sauté until they begin to soften, about 3 min. Add garlic and cook another 30 sec. Add the lemon juice, white wine, and stock to the pan.
- Reduce by 2/3, about 5 min. Add the shrimp back to the pan and swirl in butter. Finish with the parsley – garnish with lemon slices.