Tangy Two Bean Salad
Author: Dash of Thyme
Recipe type: Soups & Salads
- 16 oz green beans; fresh or frozen, cut
- 1 can butter beans (15 oz)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Dash of Thyme Traditional Style Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. of Dash of Thyme Cayenne Agrumato Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 dash of cayenne to taste
- If using fresh beans, steam the beans for 5-6 minutes then place them in ice water to fix the color.
- Frozen beans may be used directly or cooked for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. Do Not Overcook as you want some crunch left.
- Drain the liquid from the canned butter beans and add them to the chilled green beans.
- Blend remaining ingredients together and pour over the mixed beans.
- Allow this to marinate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight) prior to serving.