Tangerine Grilled Fruit
Author: Dash of Thyme
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 large mangoes, cored and cut into wedges
- 2 large peaches, cored and cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Dash of Thyme Butter Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Tangerine Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- Mint or basil leaves, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mangoes and peaches. Spray generously with cooking spray. Toss and spray again to ensure the fruit is well-coated. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over low heat. Simmer until the liquid is reduced in half, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler.
- Place the fruit on the grill racks or broiler pan about 4 -6 inches from the heat source.
- Grill or broil over medium heat until the sugar caramelizes, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the fruit from the grill and arrange onto individual serving plates.
- Drizzle with balsamic syrup and garnish with mint or basil. Serve immediately.