Spicy Scampi with Rosemary Cannellini
- 1 pound jumbo 16-20 count shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic 3 or 4 cloves
- 1 red chili pepper finely chopped
- ½ – 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Rosemary Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp each chopped fresh rosemary and Italian parsley
- 1 cup cooked or canned cannellini beans drained
- ¼ cup canned tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Toss the shrimp in a bowl with the garlic, fresh and dried chili, ½ teaspoon salt and the olive oil.
- Place a medium (10-inch) skillet over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp mixture in one layer. Cook 1 minute; turn the shrimp over and toss in the herbs and cannellini. Stir in the tomato puree and ¼ cup water; bring to a simmer cook a few more minutes, until the shrimp are opaque and the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the butter and swirl until it melts into the sauce. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed.
- Serve hot over cooked pasta or rice