Slow-Cooker Lemon Balsamic Rosemary Chicken with Glazed Potatoes
- 5 whole potatoes baseball-sized
- 1 whole chicken about 4 pounds
- 4 tbsp Dash of Thyme Sicilain Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Zest from two lemons
- Zested lemons cut in wedges set aside
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary to stuff in the bird (optional)
- ½ tbsp brown sugar to top the chicken
- Whisk together in a bowl the balsamic vinegar, oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper. Pour marinade over the chicken in a plastic bag and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of the slow-cooker, arranged to hold the chicken atop them. Place the chicken on top of the potatoes. Pour the marinade liquid over the top of the chicken. Add the water to the pot.
- Sprinkle the ground black pepper and the final ½ tablespoon of sugar on top of chicken (this makes a really wonderful "glaze" on the top skin). Cover and turn the slow cooker on high and cook for about 4 hours. Serve the chicken with the reserved lemon wedges, to be squeezed on individual portions of chicken, as desired.