Seared Scallops with Jalapeno Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 large jalapeno pepper minced (Remove seeds and membranes for less heat)
- ¼ cup Dash of Thyme Jalapeno Lime White Balsamic Condimento
- ¼ cup Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 large fresh sea scallops
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 oranges peeled and cut in between sections as segments
- Place jalapeno, vinegar, olive oil, and Dijon mustard in a blender. Puree on high until mixture is completely liquefied, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Season scallops with sea salt and cayenne pepper. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over high heat. Place scallops in skillet and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Garnish scallops with orange segments and drizzle jalapeno vinaigrette over the top.