Seared Scallops with Apple Cider Balsamic Glaze
- 12 jumbo sea scallops
- 3 slices bacon cooked, drained and chopped. Save 2 tbsp bacon fat
- 12 oz baby spinach
- 8 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Porcini Mushroom & Sage Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp French Fleur de Sel
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 3 tbsp Dash of Thyme Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pat scallops dry and season with salt & pepper, set aside. Whisk apple cider, balsamic and honey together and set aside. In a large sauté pan, sauté mushrooms and crumbled bacon in bacon fat and 1 Tbsp EVOO over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off burner but leave pan on stove. Heat a cast iron skillet on stovetop.
- Add 1 T olive oil and once it is hot, add scallops. Sear 2 minutes per side, flipping once only. Temporarily remove scallops from skillet and set aside. Add cider mixture to cast iron skillet, scraping bottom of pan to deglaze. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken. Place scallops in skillet to warm in cider sauce for a few minutes.
- While reheating scallops, turn heat back on under sauté pan containing bacon and mushrooms. Place spinach in pan and toss gently to coat in oil. Cover pan for a minute or two, to wilt spinach, stirring once. Remove from heat, divide onto plates. Place 3 scallops on each bed of spinach and drizzle with cider sauce. Serve immediately.