Roasted Chicken with Blood Orange & Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons Dash of Thyme Blood Orange Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Dash of Thyme Chocolate Di Torino Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4½ pounds chicken leg quarters cut into pieces
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Juice from ½ of an orange plus 1-2 teaspoons orange zest for garnish)
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Prepare marinade by whisking the first seven ingredients together. Place all the chicken pieces and the marinade into a zipper locking bag. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, tossing the chicken pieces occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Transfer chicken and all the marinade into a greased or non-stick baking pan. Roast in oven for about an hour until the chicken is cooked through. When the chicken is done, transfer to a serving platter and tent with foil.
- Place the baking pan on the stove top over med-high heat and add the ½ cup of chicken stock and the juice from ½ of the orange. Scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan and reduce the sauce for about 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces and garnish with the chopped parsley leaves and orange zest. Serve immediately.