Roasted Carrot Soup with Curry and Coconut Milk
- 2 lbs. carrots about 4 c., peeled (or scrubbed) and coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet potato about 1 1/2-2 c., peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Curry Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp grated fresh gingerroot
- 3 tsp curry
- ½ tsp each freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- 1 cup canned coconut milk light or regular
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Drizzle with oil to coat, place on a rimmed, non-stick baking sheet in a single layer. Roast uncovered for 35–40 min. until tender. Stir once, halfway through cooking time. Transfer vegetables to a soup pot. Add broth and all spices, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. Add coconut milk. Using a stick (immersion) blender, puree soup until perfectly smooth. Alternatively, transfer soup (be careful, it’s HOT!) in 3 or 4 small batches to a blender and whirl until smooth.