Roasted Almond & Gorgonzola Crostini
- Roasted Almond & Gorgonzola Crostini
- ½ cup sliced and blanched almonds
- 12 oz sweet Gorgonzola cheese softened to room temperature (may substitute Maytag blue or Roquefort domestic blue)
- 2 Granny Smith apples cored and seeded
- 1 bunch baby arugula- washed spun dry to yield 2 cups
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Roasted Almond Gourmet Oil
- 2 tsp Dash of Thyme Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Condimento
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slices Italian bread 1/4 inch thick
- In a 10-12 inch sauté pan, toast almonds under broiler, shaking vigorously and watching carefully not to burn, about 30 to 45 seconds. Remove and let cool. Mix almonds and Gorgonzola with wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Cut apples into a matchstick julienne and place in separate mixing bowl. Chiffonade the arugula and add to apple mixture. Dress with oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Toast bread on both sides and spread 1 tablespoon of Gorgonzola/almond mixture on each slice. Top with a small handful of arugula and apple salad. Serve immediately.