Penne with Cremini Mushrooms & Black or White Truffle Oil
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- 2 lb Cremini mushrooms diced
- 3 shallots chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shaved
- 4 tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Black Truffle Gourmet Oil
- Or Dash of Thyme White Truffle Gourmet Oil you decide which one you like to use
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta, cook according to package directions, stopping 1 min before the recommended cooking time. Remove from heat, drain well. Meanwhile, heat DOT’s EVOO in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for @2 mins., add diced Cremini mushrooms and sauté for another 5 mins., until mushrooms are soft.
- Add chopped parsley, sauté for an additional minute. Transfer pasta to a large bowl, add mushroom and shallot mixture. Season with salt and pepper, toss for one minute. Serve pasta with shavings of cheese, chopped chives and a drizzle of DOT’s Black OR White Truffle EVOO. Enjoy!