Maple Balsamic & Bacon Vinaigrette over Wilted Spinach
- 4 tbsp Dash of Thyme Maple Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 2 tbsp Dash of Thyme Champagne Barrel Aged Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallots
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 slices center cut bacon cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves stems removed, washed
- Place spinach in a serving bowl.
- Place maple balsamic, champagne balsamic, mustard, half the crumbled bacon, half the shallots, salt & pepper in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Gently warm while whisking-remove from heat before it reaches a simmer.
- Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the EVOO to emulsify.
- Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallots. Serve warm.