Lemon Pound Cake
(Makes 2 cakes)
- 1 pound 3 1/4 cups + 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 sticks softened unsalted butter plus more for pans
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Italian Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 large room-temperature eggs
- 2 tablespoons sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter two 5-by-9-inch loaf pans. Combine 3 1/4 cups flour and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter, sour cream, and sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, for 8 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to medium, and add vanilla extract.
- Lightly beat eggs with the lemon extra virgin olive oil, and add to mixer bowl in 4 additions, mixing thoroughly after each and scraping down sides. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 4 additions, mixing until just incorporated. Divide batter between pans. Tap on counter to distribute; smooth tops.
- Before baking, sprinkle sanding sugar over each cake. Bake until a tester inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.