Kale & Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Brie Croutons
Recipe type: Soups & Salads
- 3 Tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups butternut squash cut into chunks
- 1 lb. kale leaves, stripped and chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 8 oz. brie cheese, cut into ½” slices
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 1½ Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp Dash of Thyme Comice Pear White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Dash of Thyme Eureka Lemon Fused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat butternut squash chunks with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake on sheet pan for 20 minutes until tender.
- Whisk mustard, Comice Pear Balsamic and Eureka Lemon Olive Oil and cranberries together for dressing.
- Pour lemon juice and salt over kale in a bowl and allow to wilt (7-8 minutes).
- Dip brie slices in whisked egg, then dredge in breadcrumbs. Place slices in oiled skillet, cook 30 seconds per side at medium heat.
- Toss kale, squash and brie croutons in a large bowl with dressing.