Irish Beer Bread
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Butter Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 12 oz. bottle of Guiness Draught Beer or another of your favorite Dark Beers
- Generously spray a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a wide strip of parchment paper for easy removal. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, getting rid of any lumps.
- Add DOT’s Butter EVOO, apple cider vinegar and beer to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until all the flour is hydrated and a shaggy dough is formed.
- Place the dough in the loaf pan and pat down gently to fill the corners. Bake for 50-55 minutes until brown on top.
- Cool the bread completely before eating. We also love drizzling it with DOT’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic for a sweet treat.