Grilled Sirloin Steak Tips with Espresso Balsamic
- 1 Sirloin Steak Tip (1 ½ - 2 lbs)
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Italian Espresso Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp fresh ground pepper
- Combine balsamic, mustard, olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper; Whisk to make the marinade. Rinse sirloin, pat dry and place in marinade covered for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry and grill 4-6 minutes on each side. Baste with the marinade while grilling, reserving 1/2 c. Remove sirloin from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 2 minutes, allowing it to thicken. Slice sirloin thinly against the grain and serve with a drizzle of the sauce.