Grilled Sirloin Steak Tips with Espresso Balsamic
Author: Dash of Thyme
Recipe type: Entrées
- 1 Sirloin Steak Tip, (1½ - 2 lbs.)
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Aged Dark Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1½ Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp. Sea Salt
- ½ tbsp. fresh ground pepper
- Combine balsamic, mustard, olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper; Whisk to make the
- marinade. Rinse sirloin, pat dry and place in marinade covered for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry and grill 4-6 minutes on each side. Baste with the marinade while grilling, reserving ½ c. Remove sirloin from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 2 minutes, allowing it to thicken. Slice sirloin thinly against the grain and serve with a drizzle of the sauce.