Grilled Salmon & Asparagus
- 1 pound fresh wild salmon fillet s
- 1 bunch of thin tender asparagus, woody stems discarded
- 1 pound dried pappardelle pasta cooked al dente
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crisp dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 tbsp Dash of Thyme Dill Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill and/or flat leaf parsley
- Rub the salmon and toss the asparagus spears with a mixture of 2 tablespoon of dill olive oil whisked with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil until just cooked, being careful to err or on the side of under-cooking both the salmon and asparagus.
- The most important thing here is to sear the salmon and asparagus on the exterior. After grilling, cut the asparagus in to 2" pieces and break the salmon in to large meaty chunks and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the dried pasta based on the package directions. In a sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp. of dill olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced shallots and cook until tender. Add the garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the wine and lemon juice. Continue cooking until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the cream and the remaining dill olive oil.
- Stir until the mixture simmers and thicken. Pour over pasta and fish.