Green Beans with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Author: Dash of Thyme
Recipe type: Side Dishes
- 1 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 1½ slices bacon (chopped)
- ⅓ cup sliced shallots (thinly)
- ¾ Tbsp. Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Dash of Thyme Champagne White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp. chopped walnuts (toasted)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley (chopped)
- Boil a pot of water. Put beans in pot and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge beans in ice water bath. Drain again.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon and place in a large serving bowl being careful to leave drippings in pan.
- Add shallots to the pan and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Add shallots to the serving bowl along with oil, vinegar and salt.
- Place beans in the same skillet and warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Place warmed beans in the bowl and gently stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and parsley before serving.
- Choose thinner beans, if possible. If you can't find thinner beans, blanch them for an extra 1-2 minutes to reach your desired tenderness.