Goat Cheese and Balsamic-Honey Crostini Recipe
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup water
- A few sprigs of your favorite herbs such as sage, basil, rosemary, thyme
- 3 ½ tablespoons Dash of Thyme Pomegranate Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 6 to 8 ounces young fresh goat cheese
- 12 slices baguette-type French bread cut diagonally about 1/2-inch thick, toasted
- Fresh Pomegranate seeds arils (optional)
- In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine honey and water; bring to a boil.
- Add herb sprigs and reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for approximately 10 minutes until total amount of liquid is reduced to about ½ cup.
- Remove from heat. Remove and discard herbs.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and let cool.
- Spread goat cheese thickly on toasted bread.
- Drizzle with balsamic-honey syrup and sprinkle with arils and serve.