Chocolate Espresso Balsamic Cookies
Author: Strudel & Streusel
Recipe type: Desserts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Dash of Thyme Aged Dark Espresso Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 chicken egg + 1 yolk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the melted butter and cocoa in the bowl of a stand mixer (or this recipe is easily mixed by hand).
- Mix, add the sugar, and mix again.
- Slowly pour in the vinegar while mixing and then the egg and vanilla and mix some more.
- Once that is a nice smooth chocolatey mixture, add in the flour and mix just until combined.
- Scoop about 2 Tbsp. onto a cookie sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or just until done.
- Cool on a cooling rack and store for several days.
- These cookies have a brownie like texture.
- Makes about 16 rich and dark cookies.