Chicken in Barolo Aged Wine Vinegar
- 14 tbsp Dash Of Thyme Barolo Barrel Aged Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 chicken thighs trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring the vinegar, broth, honey and tomato paste to a boil, stirring well. Simmer the vinegar sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup (7-8 minutes).
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Season the chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Add half of them to the skillet, skin side down. Cook over moderate heat, turning once, until browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining thighs.
- Add the garlic and shallots to the skillet and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the wine, increase the heat & boil until reduced to 1/4 cup. Add the vinegar sauce & bring to a simmer. Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and simmer over low heat until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates.
- Add the sour cream to the skillet and boil for 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.