Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Cranberry Wine Sauce
Recipe type: Entrées
- 1 center cut beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 Tbsp. Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter (divided)
- ⅓ cup minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Traditional Style Dark Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup
- 100% cranberry juice blend
- ¾ cup beef broth
- In a large skillet, brown beef in 1 Tbsp EVOO on all sides over medium-high
- Transfer beef to a greased shallow roasting pan; season with salt and pepper. Set aside skillet with drippings.
- Bake roast for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in reserved skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add
- shallots; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the vinegar, red wine, juice and broth. Cook over high heat until reduced by half. Add the last 2 Tbsp butter to thicken sauce. Pour over roast.