Beef Tenderloin with Balsamic Cranberry Wine Sauce
- 2 lbs center cut beef tenderloin roast
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp butter divided
- ⅓ cup minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup Dash of Thyme Traditional Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice blend
- ¾ cup beef broth
- In a large skillet, brown beef in 1 Tbsp EVOO on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Transfer beef to a greased shallow roasting pan; season with salt and pepper. Set aside skillet with drippings.
- Bake roast for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, in reserved skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Add shallots; cook and stir for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook and stir for 20 seconds.
- Add the vinegar, red wine, juice and broth. Cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Add the last 2 Tbsp butter to thicken sauce. Pour over roast.