Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Dash of Thyme Traditional Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 16-ounce container strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons
- Put the ricotta cheese, honey and vanilla extract into the small bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan combine the vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, toss the berries with the basil and the balsamic syrup.
- Divide the cream among 4 cocktail glasses, top with the berry mixture and serve.