Asian-flavored Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup water
- 1 20 oz. package lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped shitake mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Dash of Thyme Toasted Sesame Gourmet Oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 head iceberg lettuce separated into leaves
- In a non-stick large skillet, cook the carrots in the water over high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the carrots and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the turkey in the same skillet until it becomes crumbly and is no longer pink.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, minced garlic, minced ginger, teriyaki sauce, peanut butter, Japanese sesame oil, rice vinegar, and hoisin sauce.
- With heat set to high again, cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add green onions, stirring constantly again for about 1 minute.
- Spoon the heated mixture onto lettuce leaves and roll up.