Almond Chicken with Strawberry-Balsamic Sauce
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup unblanched almonds coarsely ground
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4 ounces each
- 3 teaspoons Dash of Thyme Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tbsp Dash of Thyme Strawberry Dark Balsamic Condimento
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 package 9 ounces fresh baby spinach
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, almonds, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, cook shallots in remaining oil until tender. Stir in the broth, preserves,balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain; serve with chicken and sauce.